Exciting Facts About Valentine's Day You Don't Know

- March 02, 2019
advertise here

Valentine's Day is a long-awaited day, especially for new couples. Here are some fun facts about Valentine's Day that you definitely don't know.

1. In the Victorian era, signing a Valentine's card is considered to bring bad luck.

2. If you are single, don't be sad. You can celebrate Singles Awareness Day (SAD).

3. Or you can visit Finland, where Valentine's Day is called Ystävänpäivä, which means "Friend's Day." So, you can celebrate with your friends!

4. Many think X is a kiss symbol. In fact, X is used by those who cannot write their own names and then kiss them as a sign of sincerity.

5. In medieval times, women believed that eating strange foods on Valentine's Day they could dream of their future husbands.

6. In the 1800s, doctors advised patients to eat chocolate in order to calm the heart that was upset by a breakup.

7. 73% of men buy flowers on Valentine's Day, while the remaining 27% are women.

8. 15% of women in the United States send flowers to themselves.

9. Each year, the average number of couples applied for Valentina Day is 220,000

10. Every Valentine's Day, the city of Verona in Italy, where Romeo and Juliet live, gets 1,000 love letters addressed to Juliet.

Advertisement advertise here

 

Start typing and press Enter to search